Thursday October 02, 2014




Garage nightclub smoked out

Comments

Fire crews responded Sunday morning to another incident on Railway Avenue.

Fortunately, the incident at the Garage nightclub in the Travelodge, at the corner of 101st and Railway Avenue, was not as serious as the major fire at the Jesus is Alive building two weeks before. Here, the issue was a large amount of smoke that filled the main floor around 9 a.m.

Fire crews found that it was an overheated furnace motor that was smoking out the main floor. The firefighters quickly isolated the situation and were able to clear the smoke from the building, using fans.

Four apparatus and nine fire personnel were on scene for almost an hour. Also there were the RCMP, WPD Ambulance, bylaw enforcement officers, SaskPower and SaskEnergy.


Comments

Comments


NOTE: To post a comment in the new commenting system you must have an account with at least one of the following services: Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, OpenID. You may then login using your account credentials for that service. If you do not already have an account you may register a new profile with Disqus by first clicking the "Post as" button and then the link: "Don't have one? Register a new profile".

The The Battlefords News-Optimist welcomes your opinions and comments. We do not allow personal attacks, offensive language or unsubstantiated allegations. We reserve the right to edit comments for length, style, legality and taste and reproduce them in print, electronic or otherwise. For further information, please contact the editor or publisher, or see our Terms and Conditions.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Quick Vote

Survey results are meant for general information only, and are not based on recognised statistical methods.


Markets





LOG IN



Lost your password?