There were alarms, but no fire at Connaught School Tuesday.
North Battleford Fire and Emergency Services responded to the alarms around 5:15 a.m. As it turned out, it was a malfunction with the sprinkler system that was the cause.
According to the fire department, a sprinkler line had broken, causing water to flow from the ceiling. Fire crews were able to successfully shut the sprinkler system down so there would be no further damage. However, a few ceiling tiles were ruined and there was minor water on the floor as a result of the broken line.