A female youth reported that she was outside of the Craik School Feb.y 25 at approximately 4 p.m. when an adult male in a white vehicle approached her and asked if she needed a ride. When she declined, the male insisted, but then left in the vehicle travelling southbound on the gravel road towards Highway 11. The youth immediately reported the incident to the school, who in turn called police.
Numerous officers immediately responded to the scene and conducted searches, but neither the suspect nor the suspect vehicle were located.
The suspect description is as follows:
- Believed to be wearing a dark shirt
- Not wearing a hat or glasses
- Did not have facial hair
The vehicle was described as being a clean, white, newer model car, possibly with four doors. No licence plate information is available.
Craik RCMP continue to investigate.
Police are asking anyone with information about this incident, particularly anyone who may have seen the vehicle matching the above description today at approximately 4 p.m. near the Craik School, to report it immediately to the Craik Detachment at 306-734-5200. Information may also be submitted anonymously to Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.saskcrimestoppers.com.
Craik RCMP are encouraging parents and guardians to take time to talk with their children about the following safety principles:
- Be aware of surroundings and note suspicious people or vehicles and report them promptly to teachers, parents or other trusted adults
- Listen to earbuds through one ear only, so you can hear traffic, people, dogs or any other potential hazards
- Do not approach a vehicle if you don’t know the person inside
- Do not talk to strangers
- Have a friend walk with you if possible
- Stick to sidewalks along busy streets as opposed to cutting through alleys or parks