P.A. RCMP: Two youths deceased, carbon monoxide poisoning suspected

Submitted

On Tuesday, July 9, at approximately 1:40 p.m., Prince Albert RCMP responded to a report of two unresponsive youths, a 12-year-old male and 13-year-old female, at a residence in a recreational community in the Prince Albert RCMP Detachment area. The youths were cousins and their families say they were the best of friends. They were visiting the residence with family members.

article continues below

Fire and EMS were dispatched and on scene prior to RCMP arriving; EMS reported the youths were deceased upon their arrival.

Preliminary investigation indicates that the deaths are the result of carbon monoxide poisoning and the deaths are not considered suspicious.

No one else present at the residence required medical treatment; they were assessed by EMS and released.

The Saskatchewan Coroner’s Service is investigating.

This is an incredibly tragic incident. We are releasing limited details to give the families privacy during what must be an unimaginably difficult time. As such, we will not be providing any further information and will not be conducting media interviews.

The families are respectfully requesting privacy.

 

© Copyright Battlefords News Optimist