While there might still be a Northwest Territorial parade in North Battleford this year, the same cannot be said for Battleford.
The Town of Battleford announced that their town’s parade and fireworks are once again not going ahead this summer.
Mayor Ames Leslie confirmed at council Monday that their parks and recreation board had made the decision to cancel.
This is the second year in a row that the parade and fireworks are not going ahead. Last year, the cancellation was due to COVID-19 restrictions. This year, even though restrictions have been lifted, there were other obstacles. Mayor Leslie said “alignment with the city’s parade and other aspects” led them to that decision.
“Hopefully we can come back bigger, stronger next year,” said Leslie.