The Saskatchewan Band Association is launching a new set of online/virtual band musician development resources for dedicated band students impacted by the COVID-19-driven school closures.
“We have dedicated band clinicians and band directors working with us to ensure students can have a variety of options to help fill their time and continue their development,” said SBA CEO Suzanne Gorman.
The initial set of online videos/virtual band development resources includes:
• Saxophone: Fundamentals and Warm Up Basics by Dr. Glen Gillis, professor of music, University of Saskatchewan, and Conn-Selmerartist/clinician;
• Percussion: Technique and Warm Up by Darcy Gingras, principal percussionist, Regina Symphony Orchestra;
• Oboe: General Warm Ups by Tamsin Johnston, principal oboe, Regina Symphony Orchestra;
• Clarinet: Warm Up Basics by Hyon Suk Kim, principal clarinetist, Regina Symphony Orchestra;
• Trombone: Warm Up Basics by Dr. David Dick, principal trombone, Regina Symphony Orchestra and assistant professor, University of Regina;
• Tuba: Baritone and Euphonium Warm Up Basics by Mark Preece, Principal Tuba , Regina Symphony Orchestra;
Each video is approximately 15 minutes in length and more video topics, as well as other resources, will be added over time. There is no charge for those wishing to access the videos.
The videos can be viewed by signing up on-line on the SBA website at https://www.saskband.org/News-&-Events.