There is no doubt the Saskatchewan Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Battleford is rich of history.
If you are a baseball fan, you could spend hours looking around, finding new baseball artifacts to pique your interest. From old-style gloves, to Toronto Blue Jays memorabilia, or balls signed by Wayne Gretzky among others, there is something there for everyone to enjoy.
The 32nd annual induction into the hall of fame will occur Saturday, Aug. 20. Individuals, teams, family and community members who have contributed greatly to Saskatchewan baseball history will become enshrined into the hall.
The following people will be honoured and acknowledged:
• Ron Bauml, Muenster [player/builder]
• Terry Buck, Fresno, California/Swift Current [player]
• The Late Doug Dodd, Rabbit Lake [player/builder]
• Barry Erickson, Regina [player/builder]
• Bev Hickie, Estevan [player]
• Regan Kjargaard, Saskatoon [player/builder]
• Norm Loehr, Regina [builder]
• The Late John M. "Corky' McCann, Red Deer, Alta. /Admiral [player]
• The Late Lewis McNamee, Moose Jaw [player/builder]
• Harvey Schmidt, Medicine Hat, Alta./Burstall [player]
• Fabian Schommer, Kindersley [player]
• Robert W. Thompson, Edmonton, Alta./Semans [player]
• Laurence Woodard, Weyburn [player/builder]
• Leo Wurtz, Lloydminster [player/builder]
• Leader Barons Senior Baseball Team 1961-83
• Marysburg Royals Senior Baseball Team
• Viceroy Baseball Team 1946-75
• Jack Lloyd Family, Swift Current area
• Lloydminster, Sask.